- State of Indiana and the Indiana Council on Independent Living [ICOIL] to facilitate the transition of the ICOIL to a fully functioning independent organization, August 1, 2008 – July 31, 2009
- ILRU SILC-NET to provide technical assistance and consultation regarding IL issues and facilitate a national SILC training conference.
- IL-NET ILRU/NCIL National Training and Technical Assistance Project to assist with Independent Living issues in Indiana beginning June 2006.
- University of Kansas Research and Training Center on Independent Living and the University of New Mexico research project, Assess the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on People with Disabilities: Albuquerque Shelter or Relocation Experiences, to interview evacuees of Hurricane Katrina who are people with disabilities and key personnel involved with the Albuquerque, New Mexico shelter on their experiences and recommendations from May 2006 through June 2006.
- Governor’s Executive Task Force on Disability Employment to increase the number of people with disabilities employed in state government from May 2005 through June 2006.
Mr. Brigance was director of the New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) from 1991 to 2004. He was employed with the New Mexico DVR from 1975 to 2004 and in the field of vocational rehabilitation since 1970.
He was president of the Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation from July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2003. He has been involved in numerous administrative, policy, and programmatic aspects of vocational rehabilitation, including independent living. He is actively involved in state, regional, and national rehabilitation legislation and public policy issues.
- M.S., University of Wisconsin-Stout, vocational rehabilitation