College of Education and Health Professions

Frequently Asked Questions

I've been hired. Now what?
Visit the New Employee Checklist to make sure that you have done everything necessary.
What is the best method to receive my pay?
Direct Deposit is recommended and this form can be retrieved at
Is there a Faculty and/or Staff Handbook?
Yes: Staff Handbook | Faculty Handbook.
What holidays does the University observe?
Please see the University Holiday Schedule.
When do I get paid?
Appointed employees, Adjuncts and Graduate Assistants get paid once a month on the last working day of the month. Hourly employees get paid twice a month on the 10th and 25th. If these dates fall on a weekend, then the pay date is adjusted to either Friday or Monday depending on whether the date falls on a Saturday (paid Friday) or Sunday (paid Monday).
What steps do I need to take in order to travel on behalf of the university/college/department?
You need to complete a travel request form (including an estimate for all anticipated expenses) and submit it to your departmental desk administrator. If you are requesting the department pay for airfare and/or registration fees, please include a copy of the itinerary and a completed registration form or information from registration Web site. If at any time you have questions about the form or travel please contact your departmental desk administrator.
Can I purchase gifts using a state cost center number?
There are a limited number of instances where gifts may be purchased using state funds. Please call the Office of the Assistant Dean for Administration's accounting office in advance of making any gift purchases.
Can I purchase gifts for faculty or staff on an internal blanket purchase order?
No, it is not allowable.
Can I be reimbursed for a purchase I have made from personal funds?
The only time that you are allowed to be reimbursed for purchases you made with personal funds, is when neither a PO or P-card use is allowable, or in an emergency situation. All personal reimbursements must include a justification that states why no other purchasing method was used. Personal reimbursement requests for less than $25 cannot be submitted (you must hold on to them until you have enough to accumulate $25 or more).
You may use either the university's tower and shield logo or the same logo that combines the tower and shield with the name of the college. Both versions have the name of the university under the shield. There is a website with a guide that explains how to properly use the logo that can be found here: The main thing you should know is that you cannot modify the logo in any way. You cannot replace the college name with your department name, for instance. Also, take care when placing the logo on a document that you don't change its proportions, squishing the tower vertically or horizontally.   For further information consult the Office of University Relations University of Arkansas Graphic Identity Style Guide. The official University of Arkansas logos can be downloaded from this page.

Please contact Heidi Stambuck, director of communications, if you have any questions:, 479-575-3138.

I am working with K-12 teachers and want to provide Arkansas Department of Education professional development credit. What do I need to do?
Specific guidelines are set by ADE. Information and all required forms can be found at

Have a question not addressed here? Submit it below:

(Please fill in all fields)

Don't send:
E-mail address: