Office for Studies on Aging
In response to the “graying of America,” the College of Education and Health Professions, in collaboration with the Graduate School, established the Office for Studies on Aging in the fall of 1999.
- Provide advocacy for policies and practices enhancing quality of life across the life span
- Facilitate better community interface between university and community in addressing the needs of older adults
- Promote interdisciplinary research
- Support interdisciplinary education in gerontology on the University of Arkansas campus
- Create outreach opportunities for service to an aging population
Who We Are
The co-directors of the Office for Studies on Aging:
Dr. Michelle Gray, Assistant Professor, Kinesiology - Exercise Science
Dr. Barbara B. Shadden, University Professor, Communication Disorders
Getting in Touch
The Office for Studies on Aging is located in the HPER Building on the University of Arkansas campus, in room 326A, Fayetteville, AR 72701.