The College of Education and Health Professions presents three awards to outstanding alumni each year. The awards honor alumni of the college for exceptional professional and personal achievements and extraordinary distinction in their fields.
✒ Online nomination form for the 2019 Alumni Awards — Nominations have closed.
Outstanding Alumni Award in Education recognizes an individual with exceptional professional and personal achievement and extraordinary distinction in the education professions.
Outstanding Alumni Award in Health and Human Services recognizes an individual with exceptional professional and personal achievement and extraordinary distinction in the health and human service professions.
Outstanding Young Alumni Award recognizes an individual who graduated within the past 10 years and is engaged in their first career, and has demonstrated exceptional professional and personal achievement and extraordinary distinction in the education or health and human service professions.
Award selection is made by the Alumni Awards Committee and Dean Michael T. Miller. Nominations are kept in a pool for two years. Recipients will be honored at the College of Education and Health Professions Spring Commencement Ceremony. Award recipients are required to attend the Alumni Awards reception and Commencement.
Read about the recipients
- 2019 winners — G. David Gearhart, Mark O'Neal and Meredith Brunen
- 2018 winners — Gi-Yong (Win) Koo, Patti Freemyer Martin and Martha Sandven
- 2017 winners — Robin Bowen, Anna Egalite and Yvonne Johnson
- 2016 winners — Emily Bertrand, Warren Rosenaur and Donald Simpson
- 2015 winners — Marsha Jones, Charolette Tidwell and Jenna White
- 2014 winners — Karen Jennings Crawford, Anna Reed and Jerry Robbins
- 2013 winners — Gretchen Oliver, Jessica Sliger and Betty Winfield
- 2012 winners — Kieran Fogarty, Marjorie Marugg-Wolfe and Joshua Barnett
- 2011 winners — Leslie Carnine and Phillip Rumrill