The application submission period for Academic Year 2017-18 has ended. The application cycle for academic year 2018-19 begins January 1, 2018.
About Our Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the College of Education and Health Professions offers several scholarship opportunities. These gifts allow us to support the university's mission of recruiting and retaining high-achieving students who enrich and diversify the academic environment. Scholarships are available for both current and incoming students.
Each scholarship has specific criteria based on the donor's wishes; however, the selection process is coordinated by the College of Education and Health Professions Scholarship Review and Selection Committees. Examples of criteria include academic merit, financial need, department or major, special interests, organizational involvement, and classification. The college awards several undergraduate and graduate scholarships each year. Because most COEHP scholarships are one-year awards, all current and prospective students are encouraged to apply each year.
How to Apply
The University of Arkansas uses an online system called AcademicWorks to administer scholarship applications for students. To be considered for a COEHP scholarship, you must complete the General Application in the AcademicWorks system before completing the college-specific application. All components of the scholarship application will be submitted online unless specifically noted. An essay, academic resume, and letter of recommendation will be required.
Many scholarships awarded are based on financial need and require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you complete this as soon as possible.
- January 1, 2018 to February 15, 2018
- Any information included on your application before January 1, 2018 will not be saved.
- Applications submitted after 11:59 PM on February 15, 2018 will not be considered.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted online via the AcademicWorks system and submitted no later than 11:59 PM CST on February 20, 2018. Printed copies, emails, and files posted to FTP sites (Dropbox, Google Docs, Cloud storage, etc.) will not be accepted. We recommend giving your recommender as much advance notice as possible.
- Most scholarship recipients will be notified prior to the end of the spring semester.
The link to the AcademicWorks system and online application, can only be found on the University of Arkansas Academic Scholarship Office website. Be sure to read the application instructions completely before beginning the application process.
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer StudentsIf you complete a scholarship application during the fall 2017 admissions process, you will still be required to complete the General Application and college-specific application in AcademicWorks to be considered for scholarships offered through the College.
Tips and Helpful Links
- Because many scholarships consider financial need, be sure to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- You will need a letter of recommendation to complete the General Scholarship Application. Submit your letter of recommendation request through the General Application as soon as possible once the scholarship application cycle begins (January 1). This will give your recommender time to prepare your recommendation. Remember, all recommendations must be submitted online via the AcademicWorks system no later than 11:59 PM on February 20, 2018.
- Begin preparing your academic résumé now. All applicants are required to submit an academic résumé on the General Scholarship Application. Academic résumés can be submitted as a .doc file, however, to preserve any special formatting we recommend submitting it in PDF format. Visit Tips for Creating a Résumé for more detailed information about résumé content, style, and formatting.
- The General Scholarship Application will require you to submit an essay. The essay topic can be found on the University of Arkansas Academic Scholarship website under the Application Instructions. Class+ is a free on campus resource available to current students who would like assistance with drafting scholarship essays.
- Once you have completed the General Scholarship Application, you will be prompted to complete the College of Education and Health Professions scholarship application.
- Information about other ways to fund your education can be found by visiting the University of Arkansas Financial Aid Office website.
For questions or more information about university-wide scholarships or the General Application, please contact the UA Academic Scholarship Office.
For questions about the college-specific application, please contact Gina Hardin:
College of Education and Health Professions