About Our Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the College of Education and Health Professions offers several scholarship opportunities. These gifts allow us to support the university's mission of recruiting and retaining high-achieving students who enrich and diversify the academic environment. Scholarships are available for both graduate and undergraduate students.
Each scholarship has specific criteria based on the donor's wishes; however, the selection process is coordinated by the College of Education and Health Professions Scholarship Review and Selection Committees. Examples of criteria include academic merit, financial need, department or major, special interests, organizational involvement, and classification. The college awards several undergraduate and graduate scholarships each year. All current and prospective students are encouraged to apply each year.
How to Apply
The University of Arkansas uses an online system called AcademicWorks to administer scholarship applications for students. To be considered for scholarships offered by the College of Education and Health Professions, students must complete the General Scholarship Application and college-specific application using the AcademicWorks system. All components of the application will be submitted online unless specifically noted. An essay, academic résumé, and letter of recommendation will be required. The scholarship application period is January 1 – February 15 each year.
- January 1, 2020 through February 15, 2020
- To be considered for scholarships offered by the College of Education and Health Professions, applicants must complete the General Scholarship Application and COEHP Conditional Scholarship Application in the AcademicWorks system.
- Any information included on the application before January 1, 2020 will not be saved.
- Applications submitted after 11:59 PM CST on February 15, 2020 will not be considered.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted online via the AcademicWorks system. Hardcopies, emails, and files posted to FTP sites (Dropbox, Google Docs, Cloud storage, etc.) will not be accepted. We recommend giving your recommender as much advance notice as possible. Letters must be officially submitted no later than 11:59 PM CST on February 20, 2020.
The link to the AcademicWorks system and online application can only be found on the University of Arkansas Academic Scholarship Office website. Be sure to read the application instructions completely before beginning the application process. Once the General Scholarship Application has been completed, applicants will be prompted to complete a conditional scholarship application for the college or school that is associated with their degree plan and/or responses to questions on the General Scholarship Application.
Application Review and Selection Process
After the application period ends, complete applications are reviewed by the College of Education and Health Professions Scholarship Review and Selection Committees. Committee recommendations are provided to the COEHP Scholarship Office prior to the end of the spring semester in most cases*. Once the final selections have been made, recipients should receive an offer email from the AcademicWorks/BAM system. The notification email will prompt students to log in and view the in-system offer, which includes details about the specific opportunity and acceptance requirements. Awards are contingent on continued full-time enrollment in the same degree program, confirmation of financial need if applicable (determined by FAFSA), and compliance with any other requirements outlined in the offer notification. It is the responsibility of scholarship recipients to understand the awarding criteria and to maintain eligibility in the upcoming academic year.
Tips and Helpful Links
- Scholarship application information for current University of Arkansas students (graduate and undergraduate), incoming freshmen, and most transfer students can be found here.
- Because many scholarships consider financial need, be sure to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You will need a letter of recommendation to complete the General Scholarship Application. Submit your letter of recommendation request through the General Application as soon as possible once the scholarship application cycle begins (January 1). This will give your recommender time to prepare your recommendation. Remember, all recommendations must be submitted online via the AcademicWorks before the posted deadline.
- Begin preparing your academic résumé now. All applicants are required to submit an academic résumé on the General Scholarship Application. Academic résumés can be submitted as a .doc file, however, to preserve any special formatting we recommend submitting it in PDF format. Visit Tips for Creating a Résumé for more detailed information about résumé content, style, and formatting.
Scholarship Committees select recipients using the information provided in the general and conditional applications. It is the responsibility of the recipient to understand the awarding criteria for the scholarship(s) that they have been offered, and to maintain eligibility in the upcoming academic year. Eligibility includes, but is not limited to, academic progress, enrollment hours, financial need, degree program, and donor specifications. A scholarship offer is not a guarantee of funds if a student no longer meets the eligibility requirements. Applicants who are selected to receive scholarships offered by the COEHP are required to complete the post-acceptance process. Please visit the Scholarship Recipient Requirements for more information (link will be available at the top of this page when the review process is complete).
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
Scholarship applications submitted as part of the admission process are for University-Wide scholarships only. You will still be required to complete the General Application and college-specific application in AcademicWorks during the January/February cycle to be considered for scholarships offered through the College.
Renewal Information for Current Recipients
Some scholarships offered by the College of Education and Health Professions may be renewed from year to year. It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to understand the awarding criteria, and to maintain eligibility in the upcoming academic year. Current recipients must complete the scholarship application each year to be considered for renewal.
For questions about the General Scholarship Application, please contact the UA Academic Scholarship Office.
For questions about the College of Education and Health Professions Scholarship Application, please contact Gina Hardin.
College of Education and Health Professions
Scholarship availability in the College of Education and Health Professions depends on several factors and can vary from year to year. We do not publish a list of available scholarships or award amounts for this reason. Applicants will be able to review criteria and other scholarship details in the AcademicWorks system when the application cycle begins each year.