U.S. News Rankings
The magazine U.S. News & World Report gathers data on 1,452 undergraduate institutions and more than 2,125 graduate programs, both public and private, and ranks them on an annual basis. The magazine also calculates ratings on other matters such as Best Places to Live. The College of Education and Health Professions and its students have much to be proud of every year.
The 2022 edition of U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools, published in March 2021, provides a summary of the rankings it gives the University of Arkansas in the fields surveyed.
The college's graduate education programs ranked at No. 64, in a tie with five other colleges. The college’s Counselor Education and Supervision graduate degree program holds its rank at No. 27, in a tie with four other universities, in the magazine's Best Rehabilitation Counseling Programs.
Online Degree Programs
Online bachelor's degree programs across the Fayetteville campus ranked No. 21 among 337 ranked programs in the U.S. The college also placed No. 13 in Best Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans.
Among the U of A online bachelor's degree programs are:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource and Workforce Development Education
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Eleanor Mann School of Nursing
- Registered Nurse to B.S.N. from Eleanor Mann School of Nursing
Online master's degree programs in education ranked No. 72 among 296 ranked institutions nationally. The online program in Educational Leadership ranked No. 27 within the specialties subcategory "Educational Administration and Supervision."
Graduate education degree programs delivered online:
- Master of Education and Doctor of Education in Adult and Lifelong Learning
- M.Ed. in Community College Leadership
- M.Ed. in Educational Equity
- M.Ed., Specialist and Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. in Educational Technology
- M.Ed. and Ed.D. in Human Resource and Workforce Development Education
- Educational Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. in Physical Education
- M.Ed. in Special Education
U.S. News does not issue new rankings every year for all programs.
The U.S. News’ overview page for the University of Arkansas offers facts at a glance.
What about the community in which the campus is set?
Fayetteville, Arkansas, has been ranked No. 8 for Best Places to Live, with an overall score of 7.3 of 10, in "150 Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2020-21" of U.S. News. Its summary begins, "Located in a region that's experiencing drastic growth, Fayetteville — together with Bentonville, Rogers and Springdale — has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. The area known as Northwest Arkansas is the birthplace of Wal-Mart, the headquarters of Tyson Foods and the home of the University of Arkansas, the flagship campus of the U of A system."